Nanosafety Training School 2023, 15–19 May, Venice, Italy
SSbD Approaches for Chemicals, Advanced Materials and Plastics
Venice is calling: Learn about nanosafety in the historic centre of Venice, Italy, from 14–19 May 2023! #venicenano23
This year’s sessions will be around the following topics:
- Safe-and-sustainable-by-design approaches for nanomaterials and advanced materials
- Environmental and health impacts of micro and nano plastics
- Physicochemical characterisation methods for advanced materials
- Methods to assess the release of advanced materials, their fate, biodistribution and exposure
- New approach methodologies (NAMs) for hazard assessment of advanced materials
- FAIR data management in nanoinformatics
- Computational modelling of properties and interactions
- Sustainability assessment methods (environmental, social and economic)
- How to make my method ready for regulatory acceptance?
- Policy perspectives on risk governance of nanotechnologies
- Science diplomacy: The role of interdisciplinarity in SSbD
Additionally, there will be several possibilities to network with the experts and other participants.
The school is organised by various EU-funded research projects and other initiatives led by the H2020 project SUNSHINE. It offers hands-on sessions to learn State-of-the-Art knowledge from key experts in the field.
Join us and learn more about Safe and Sustainable by Design – register HERE by 20 March 2023
Venue: Venice, Italy, Auditorium Santa Margherita
Dates: 15–19 May 2023, with a social get-together on the evening of Sunday, May 14
The following projects and initiatives organise the Nanosafety Training School:
- AURORA, PLASTICHEAL, PlasticsFatE, IMPTOX, POLYRISK NanoSolveIT, NanoInformaTIX (all funded by the EU Horizon 2020 programme)
- CompSafeNano (Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions)
- SUPREME (Horizon Europe)
- SmartCERIALS (funded by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency, FFG)
Who should attend?
PhD Students and Postdocs, Senior Researchers, Industry Practitioners, Regulators, Policy Makers, Civil Society representatives, Anyone else interested in the Safety and Sustainability of Advanced Materials and Plastics
- Danail Hristozov, GreenDecision (IT) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Organisation, logistics, local support and administration: